Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting it done when I really didn't want to...

Wednesday, February 20, 2013
My legs continued to have that dead feeling as I climbed stairs at work and around the house.  I could have used a day off, but instead went to the park for a Survival Workout.  After doing my first set of push-ups, I realized that it was more than my legs feeling the fatigue.  I tried some sprints across the field, but the groin pain was still there and I resigned myself to lifting only with some core work.

I completed 16 sets before returning to the car with that dissatisfied feeling.  When I arrived home, I immediately changed into my cycling gear and hopped on the trainer.  Yes…I was feeling sluggish but so what?  If I got tired, it wasn’t like I couldn’t make it home since I was already in my office.  I rode for an hour sweating profusely and feeling every revolution.  When I finished though, I was pleased that I’d persevered and anxious to make a large smoothie. 

I could see that I might easily spend the rest of the evening on the sofa again, so I went to BJ’s to do some shopping instead.  I stopped to visit with Holly’s dad on the way home and then stopped in the park for a late night walk.  I find almost nothing quite as serene as a walk in the park after dark.  There is never anyone there and the noises made by wildlife are intensified.  With moonlight on the snow, walking is easy and there is little chance of tripping.  It was a good thing and beat the alternative…lounging.

Survival Workout:  60 minutes.  Bike duration:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm for  SW and 120 bpm on the bike.
Calories burned during workout:  600 for SW and 850 on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment