Monday, February 4, 2013

Lot's more snow...

Friday, February 1, 2013
I went out to grab the paper first thing in the morning in whiteout conditions.  After shoveling the drive, I drove Jack to school in conditions that were causing fender benders everywhere.  The 10-minute ride took almost 30, which didn’t bode well for the time it would take me to get from the school to work. 

Which was also horrible.  I made it to the office in 40 minutes (15-minute trip) and spent the day handling paper work since none of my clients made it through the weather to meet me…and I didn’t blame them one bit.  It was one of those mornings where, if you didn’t HAVE to leave your house, you shouldn’t. 

I went back home and parked in the road so I could clean the driveway again, then changed into my workout clothes, grabbed Dakota and headed for the park.  I was thinking of doing a double…Survival Workout followed by an hour on the trainer when I returned home…but between the shoveling and the workout in the snow, I was exhausted and frozen when I returned home and opted for a hot shower, a bowl of chili and some time watching ‘Office’ reruns instead of cycling.  Yes, yes…worthless and weak…and it wasn’t what Lance would have done…but it sure felt good. 

Survival Workout:  60 minutes
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm.
Calories burned:  600

No comments:

Post a Comment