Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Afraid of a little rain...


Tuesday, February 26, 2013
It was a Survival Workout day, but as I drove home through a driving, icy rain, I had second thoughts.  I mean, it was coming at my car sideways, which was doing an excellent job of washing off all the accumulated road salt along with a wind that was pushing me all over, but it just wasn’t the kind of weather anyone wants to exercise in.  I drove home and headed for the trainer.

Seventy-six minutes later and two more episodes of ‘The West Wing’ behind me, I was ready to shower and join Holly to use a gift certificate for a meal at Bravo’s in Mentor.  If you haven’t been there, it’s an upscale, Italian cuisine restaurant with white linen and fine dining…and someplace I really don’t fit in.  We had a $50 gift certificate though, and so that’s where we were eating.  I ordered pork chops, which came with green beans and mashed potatoes…so mostly Paleo…and absolutely delicious.  When I’d cut everything off the bone I possibly could with the flatware I’d been given, I decided fancy or not, I was picking up the bones and getting every last morsel of meat.  We were off to the side and no one seemed to notice me…or maybe they were just being polite and not pointing…but I cleaned them nicely and then licked my fingers to get every last calorie.  We passed on the dessert and I went with a diet coke, as I do normally when I’m out.

We don’t eat out often, but I do find that eating Paleo is so much easier when we do go to a restaurant.  Almost all restaurants serve Paleo when you think about it since all we’re talking about is lean meats, fruits and vegetables.  Fish is always available and I seldom pick up a menu anymore and don’t’ see ‘chicken breast’.  Having said that, when I do go out, I tend to say ‘to hell with Paleo’ and just get back to it when I’m back home, opting for something fatty and tasty.  Anyway, the bottom line on Bravo’s is…good, but pricy.

Bike duration:  76 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1050.

No comments:

Post a Comment