Monday, February 11, 2013

Shopping bad at BJ's...

Friday, February 8, 2013
I arrived at the park to change into my workout clothes as the wind was picking up and a cold, wet snow was flying.  Normally, I’d embrace this weather, but my office was cold all day and I was partially frozen and not looking forward to working out in cold slop.  I climbed back in my car and drove home to put in time on the trainer instead.  I managed to get through a couple of more episodes of the ‘West Wing’ before deciding I’d dropped enough sweat.  I showered and drove to meet Holly at BJ’s.

I have to admit that the frozen dinner section at BJ’s really appeals to me.  I’m a convenience kind of guy and I know that I can come home, throw something in a toaster oven and by the time I’ve showered, it’ll be ready to eat.  I also know its likely going to have more of something I shouldn’t eat than fresh food.  Holly will be traveling again soon though, so I grabbed some chicken pot pies and put them in the cart.  When Holly saw them, she decided our dinner plans had been made.  I picked up some other junk that I’ll not mention unless I break down and eat it at some point.  Mostly, it’s for Jack, but I may be tempted in the weeks to come.

I made a smoothie to go with the chicken pot pies, which were delicious and fattening.  I felt bad about not doing the Survival Workout before riding the trainer…if I had, I wouldn’t have felt nearly as guilty about the dinner.  Well…there’s a break expected in the weather for Sunday and if so, I’ll ride long on a refurbished UB Express.

Bike duration:  75 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1050.

No comments:

Post a Comment