Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting right in the head...


Friday, January 11, 2013

I would like to say I returned to the trainer re-inspired to ride inside and watch ‘Friday Night Lights’ on my iMac as I pedaled…but that would be a lie, which I only do when I think it’ll get me out of something.  No…I didn’t like it, but I did it.  I’m starting to get my head around what I’m going to do this summer during ‘Tour Ohio’ and realizing that I’m running out of tomorrows for training already.  And that’s not entirely true, either.  I mean, I could be ready for that trip by putting in three good months of training and if I’m not going to go until August, I’ve got until May to get totally serious.  In reality though, I need to get in the proper frame of mind.  I’m not kidding myself into thinking that I’m still in my thirties.  I need to be doing something every day (well…almost) and have my body whittled down to mostly well-conditioned muscle before beginning this thing if I am to come out the other side in one piece.  More importantly, I need to have my mind right.  I need to start this thing thinking there is nothing I can’t do so that when things get really tough, as I know they will, I’ll have the mental fortitude to keep going.  

So I rode 75 minutes on the trainer and followed that with a delicious smoothie for dinner.  I’d like to say that was all I had for the evening…but then that would be a lie, as well.  There was Breyer’s ice cream in the freezer, peanut butter in the cabinet and chocolate milk in the frig.  I’ll leave it at that.

Bike duration:  75 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1050.

No comments:

Post a Comment