Monday, January 7, 2013

It's always something...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I’m continuing to battle temptation in the New Year.  I am happy to say that I have eaten every last Christmas cookie either made or delivered to our home during the holidays…so at least I can’t get more of those.  Holly suggested we go out to dinner and we selected Pizzazz, home of the best Sicilian calzone I’ve ever eaten.  They’re full of wonderful, greasy food and the fats drips from them when you pick them up.  I’ve never met one I didn’t like.  Knowing I’m in that ‘shifting mode’ gear though, I selected the chicken vegetable calzone instead and it was about as good as it sounds when compared to the Sicilian.  Normally, I would eat my entire calzone and have a piece or two of Holly’s as well, but on this night I didn’t even finish my own.  It really was good, but I figured why stuff myself?  Besides…I could eat the leftovers tomorrow.

I managed a decent Survival Workout through the snow again.  I’ve enjoyed doing my abdominal work on the frozen ground…it cools me off in the middle of the workout and makes me feel a little more psycho, which is always good.

I had a twinge in my left rib cage while doing my dips though.  It’s bothered me off and on, but never seriously.  I think it’s the position I put myself in while doing them, so I may have to find and alternate triceps exercise.  Working out is all about the aches and pains and accompanying adjustments.  I completely understand the reluctance of people starting out to work through these things and am always careful to take them up slowly to keep them from getting discouraged…or injured.  What I do to myself really doesn’t matter so much.  I’ll always come back for more.

Survival Workout:  60 minutes
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm.
Calories burned:  600

No comments:

Post a Comment