Thursday, January 31, 2013

Missed a workout...


Monday, January 28, 2013
My nephew had purchased a new house and there was lots of demolition and work going on that they wanted me to see.  I scheduled a trip over after work and after observing the devastation and offering my painting services, we headed to downtown Willoughby for dinner at Burgers and Beer.  I couldn’t get the taste of that great burger I’d had the previous week and it was sucking me back for more.

I ordered the same thing, but when the waitress asked about fries, we somehow ended up with ‘loaded’ which meant smothered in cheese and cloves and other stuff I’d never put on fries.  Ketchup goes on fries…maybe some salt…but that’s about it for me.  Still, they were there and covered in unidentified stuff, but I didn’t let that stop me.  After the meal was consumed, we began swapping family stories back and forth.  I do this pretty well and can keep it up indefinitely.  When the waitress started asked me to pick up my feet so she could vacuum under them, I took the hint.

I didn’t get home until after 10 p.m. and wasn’t in the mood to climb on the trainer right up to bed time.  That tends to keep me awake and sleep is something I seldom compromise.  Holly’s travel schedule is messing with me.  I’d never go out on a Monday normally, so I suppose it’s her fault I missed a workout.  That, and the craziness of the winter weather to date have made it hard for me to stay in a routine.  It’s a lousy excuse and I need to just be me and do it anyway, but there it is.  Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50’s, so maybe I’ll get out for a ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment