Monday, April 29, 2013

Biking and yard work...

Saturday, April 27, 2013

I began Saturday morning as I usually do; in Mimi’s kitchen with a good cup of coffee and some world-changing conversation before heading out into the yard to try and make a dent in the endless work out there.  I spent the next six hours putting an edge around her trees and gardens, hauling debris, scraping and painting the back porch floor and an outdoor table with a rusty, metal base.  I was planning on going home to do more of the same, but instead collapsed on the bench in front of our fire pit and talked to Holly for an hour.  It was a perfect afternoon for a bike ride, but I think I was trying to kill time so that I wouldn’t be able to go.  Then the guilt kicked in and I went in the house and suited up.

My previous ride had been a cramping disaster though that had been more about the distance than anything else.  I left the driveway thinking ‘two hours’ and stuck to that plan.  Only towards the end of the ride when I knew I wouldn’t be experiencing cramps did I try to push harder.  I finished the ride in a little over two hours, but feeling like I was getting stronger for long, hot summer rides.

And then I actually did do some of my own yard work before heading inside. 

Yard work duration:  6 hours.  Bike duration:  2 hours and 5 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm on the bike.
Calories burned during workout:  1500 for yard work and 1750 on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment