Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Sunday...

Sunday, March 31, 2013
I went to the park for a full Survival Workout and some running, but ended up with an abbreviated Workout and no running.  My right calf and hamstring remain quite tight and painful with yesterday’s ride clearly making it worse.  I’d had a bad bout a couple of weeks ago with the same pain when I’d ridden hard for two days after not having been outside on the bike in several weeks.  As I’m reluctant to admit, I don’t bounce back so quickly from minor injuries as I did thirty years ago.  Getting old is a bitch…but it beat’s the alternative.

The van was deader than a door nail and the battery needed a jump.  I took it as an opportunity to give Jack some ‘under the hood’ education.  My knowledge is limited, but I look like Dan the mechanic next to him.  We went over the essentials of hooking up the cables and jumping, as well as places to put fluids and how to check them.  I reminded him to remove the metal rod holding the hood up before attempting to slam it down (he’d ignored the same rod on the Honda a year ago and snapped it off while placing a nice dent in the hood of that car).

We celebrated Easter dinner with waffles, bacon, sausage patties, fried potatoes, chicken, peanut clusters, and cinnamon rolls.  I may have had a couple of peanut M & M’s at some point too and know I’ll be paying a price for eating so much crap tomorrow…if not sooner. 

Survival Workout:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment