Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Trouble with the run...

Sunday, April 28, 2013

It was another rainy day, so I elected to head back to the park for a run.  It had only been three days since my last run, which is the closest I’ve put runs in quite some time, so I had concerns about hurting something though I didn’t know what.

By ten minutes in, I was feeling great and wondering if running wasn’t going to fit back into my routine.  What I wasn’t thinking clearly about is that normally I need to build back time and miles slowly and I wasn’t doing that.  I’d run 35 minutes on Thursday and should probably be going only 20 today…but I was aiming at 35 again.  I began to feel twinges in my left calf around 20 minutes and stopped to stretch it out before continuing the run.  By 26 minutes I was through.  The pain was severe and I’d be laying off for a week most likely.

Why can’t I learn?  My training has been less than adequate, but I return to it like I’ve been going hard every day.  I know better, but refuse to learn.  Well…definition of insanity…doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

I watched ‘Trouble with the Curve’ with my father-in-law and he loved it.  He said it was the best movie he’s seen in a long time.  I think he related well to the 82-year old Clint Eastwood using experience and years on hands-on knowledge to do a job.  He has lots of spunk in the movie and it’s a great story.  Baseball is the backdrop only and I think anyone would enjoy it.

Run duration:  26 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  140 bpm.
Calories burned:  450.

No comments:

Post a Comment