Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another start-up meeting for the magazine...

Wednesday, March 6, 2013
I got together with the magazine team, which now included John as our legal counsel and eventual Secretary.  We decided on a new name because of issues getting the domain name for the website if we went with FitOhio.  As much as we all liked the name, not being able to use fitohio.com or org would have been a major stumbling block to a web-based publication.  We came up with an excellent alternative, though I will wait to mention it until we have secured and protected it.  There are people who lap up domain names with no intention of using them; hanging onto them and hoping to sell them to people like us with a legitimate need.  The woman who had the domain we wanted…and every variation of it…said she’d sell it for $15,000.  She’d paid $15 to lock it up for a year.  Screw her.

The meeting went well and we will be publishing as a non-profit beginning in May.  I’ll be acting as publisher and writing a piece on goal-setting and mental preparation as well as a couple of pieces in our ‘Gear’ section.  We’ll be deemed an ‘educational’ non-profit, though it remains to be seen just how enlightening my writing will be.  Fortunately, we’ll have professional writers, too. 

I rode sixty minutes after the meeting and had the last of the chili Holly made for us before she left for Hawaii.  I’m running out of food, so I’ll go to my sister’s tonight and mooch a meal while picking her brain for information about upright paddle boards…one of the things I’ll write about in my ‘Gear’ section.  She’ll make something I shouldn’t eat, so I’ll have to do a little extra before heading over there tomorrow.

Bike duration:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  850.

No comments:

Post a Comment