Monday, March 4, 2013

Turkey dinner in February...

Thursday, February 28, 2013
We’d been in BJ’s a couple of weeks ago when Holly noticed turkeys in the freezer section and asked if I’d like to have a turkey dinner in the near future.  This is absolutely a no-brainer for me and she knew it.  I think I could eat turkey every night for months and never get tired of it. 

She decided she’d make the dinner the night she was leaving for Hawaii so we’d have leftovers while she was gone.  Knowing the dinner was coming inspired me to put some extra time on the trainer while watching ‘The West Wing’.  I’m really getting hooked on the series, completely absorbed by both the story and the acting.  I had reached the end of the first season, which concludes with an attack on the president and his getting wounded, along with members of his staff.  I could tell just how effectively the series had touched me because I found myself tearing up as I rode and watched the crisis unfold.  It takes pretty good acting to get that kind of reaction from me.

I managed 85 minutes before my butt was too numb to ride.  I needed to shower and get ready for dinner anyways.  Later that evening after I’d consumed roughly two pounds of dark meat and many of the trimmings, I noticed that I’d probably gained some weight over the winter.  That’s not unusual for me, but it’s time to take an aggressive approach to losing.  My goal is to head into ‘Tour Ohio’ around 180 pounds and come out of it closer to 170.  For now, that means back to the Paleo Diet with limited exceptions…something that will prove somewhat easier to jump start with Holly traveling.  Not that I blame her; I can always say no to things she makes or ask her to make more paleo friendly meals, but if it’s just me I’m feeding, I can handle it more easily.

Bike duration:  85 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1200.

No comments:

Post a Comment