Sunday, March 10, 2013

One step closer...


Friday, March 8, 2013
I started the Survival Workout by struggling to get 80 push-ups in and thought that again, I was going to have a less than satisfactory result.  Then I managed 70 on my second set and 65 on the third, which normally drop off more significantly.  It pleased me though I continue to wonder if I shouldn’t spend some time just doing the workout every third day instead of trying to get it done every other.  I know that the best results come from stressing the muscle groups every 48 hours, but I’m no longer trying to maximize strength gains, only maintain good strength, tone, balance and power.  These things can be accomplished on the three-day cycle and it may help me to get healthier again. 

I completed the workout and hurried home so I could put some time on the trainer before John arrived.  He was coming to work on the Articles of Incorporation and By-laws so that we could file with the state to secure the name and apply for non-profit status.  He’s a good friend and someone I don’t mind abusing.  Our budget is non-existent at this time, but I think we have a valuable message to communicate and am looking forward to the birth of the magazine.  The following is our mission:

The Corporation is organized exclusively for educational purposes.  By supporting, promoting, disseminating and providing educational information, the activities of the Corporation are to be directly or indirectly in support of the awareness of Ohio’s outdoor recreational opportunities while providing in-depth fitness knowledge to individuals seeking to live an active life style.

Sounds a little lawyered up, but it’s for the incorporation document and needs to look that way.  Anyway, it’ll be much more user friendly when it’s in the form of a publication.  We worked for a couple of hours while eat spaghetti…again.  I did make a delicious smoothie to go with it, at least.

I’m excited about the new endeavor and naturally will link the blog to the publication scheduled for a May 1st kickoff.  And yes…it will be mandatory reading.

Survival Workout:  60 minutes.  Bike duration:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm for  SW and 120 bpm on the bike.
Calories burned during workout:  600 for SW and 850 on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment