Monday, March 4, 2013

Little sleep and good chili...

Friday, March 1, 2013
I hadn’t slept much the night before.  Holly had been packing, something that can take her the better part of two days on one of these extended business trips, and she’d been coming in and out of the bedroom all night.  When she did finally come to bed, it was about 4 a.m.

“So when are you getting up?” I asked.

“About 4:30.  I’m getting picked up at quarter to five and I need to shower, dress and finish packing,” she said.

“You mean 4:30 as in 30 minutes…right?” I said, wondering what the point of having gotten ready for bed was.

She was up in twenty minutes and continued to bang around until it was time to go.  She’d sleep some on during the 11 hours she’d be on the plane, but I’d be getting up in an hour and working with clients all day on about 2 hours of sleep.  And I wasn’t going to be in Hawaii at the end of it all.  I think she was getting the better deal.

I trudged through my day thinking about what I’d do for a workout.  I was not in the mood for the Survival Workout, but instead opted to take Dakota to the park for an antler hike.  While driving there, I called my sister and invited her and her husband over for the chili I’d been heating in the crock pot that Holly had made before leaving.  We went 70 minutes, but found nothing and headed home with what I thought would be enough time to get in a ride on the trainer.  Then I played the voicemail I’d gotten from my sister while hiking which said she’d be there sooner than I’d figured and with only enough time to clean up the kitchen and get things ready for dinner.

I ate reasonably well.  I did add a little cheese to the chili, but had a salad with it.  My sister had brought some homemade cookies along, which I had to eat.  It was an auspicious beginning to my quest to be more Paleo and start dropping weight, but I’d made some conscious decisions about what I was eating…a definite step in the right direction.

Hike duration:  70 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  90 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  400.

No comments:

Post a Comment