Monday, March 25, 2013

Ted and Carl are in good hands now...

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Holly and I were taking a trip to Akron to join Heidi for a night out.  Heidi had posted on Facebook recently that she wanted to have a ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ night at her place.  She’d grown up being coerced into watching the rock opera starring Ted Neeley as Jesus and Carl Anderson as Judas and had come to love it.  I had taken her on several occasions to see live performances at Playhouse Square, as well.  

It occurred to me that I had a signed poster from one of their performances in Cleveland from my days with the Cleveland Athletic Club.  They were both looking for a steam and someone had contacted me from the theatre.  I told them they were more than welcome and set it in motion.  The next day, I found they had left me poster thanking me personally for letting them use the club.  For reasons unknown, I’d never done anything with it…but now I had a plan.  I found it and took it with us to dinner, at which time I presented it to Heidi.

“No one I can think of would appreciate this more than you,” I said as I pulled it from the protective covering it had been stored in.  Unfortunately, it had received some water damage over the years, but it was in pretty good shape.  She started to cry.

“Oh…wow…I…thank you SO much,” she said and I knew I was right…it was in the right hands.

I had her take a picture of me holding it so I’d have that for the records, at least.  And it gave me great pleasure to give it to her because I know she’ll frame it professionally and display it where it can be appreciated.  That and I’ll get credit for being a great dad.

I did manage another day of exercise.  In fact, I managed to spend almost 90 minutes on the trainer as I watched two episodes of ‘The West Wing’.  I followed that with some physical chores that included washing three salt-covered vehicles.  I’ve decided there is no excuse to allow salt to rust my cars when I have a spigot in the garage.  I washed one car in the garage before deciding I could be more efficient in the driveway since it was above freezing.  Still, I’m planning on washing in the garage regardless of the temperature outside.  There is no way to keep a car for ten-plus years in the salt of Northeast Ohio roads if you’re not willing to wash throughout the winter.  I’ve got the rust to prove it.

Bike duration:  86 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 1200.

1 comment:

  1. My paw is the best durn paw, now I just need some money to frame it...heeeey paw, can I borrow some money??

    ReplyDelete