Monday, August 19, 2013

Another long hike...

Friday, August 16, 2013
I had Jack drop me off at the park on the way home from picking him up at work.  My intention was to hike around the park for a period of time and then finish it by hiking home.  I was looking for something longer to follow yesterday’s hike so I could break in the shoes…and my feet…a little better.  I also elected to stay off the bike since I was still smarting from yesterday’s ride.

It was warm and I did manage to break a good sweat, but I didn’t have the pack on, which made it easy.  All I was looking for was more time to toughen my feet in hopes of preventing blistering.  The foot doc told me duct tape would take care of it, but I’m thinking I’d like to hike without household repair items wrapped around my feet.  I could feel the hot spots again, but not until I was almost home and close to two hours into the hike.  On Tour Ohio, I will make regular stops to give my feet a break and I’m hoping this strategy will keep them healthy and happy.  If not…duct tape will have to do.

Hike duration:  Two hours and 10 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  80 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  750.

No comments:

Post a Comment