Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Another screw-up with the Community College...

Monday, July 29, 2013
Since Jack was without a vehicle, I had to give up some training time to take him to Cuyahoga Community College where he needed to take his placement test they told us he needed.  Only after getting there and checking in, he discovered he didn’t need to take it.

“I scored high on the ACT in math, so I can skip it,” he said, happy not to have to take a test.

We walked to the Counselor’s office where I hoped to get some answers about why we kept doing things here we didn’t need to do.  I tried to be nice, but I’m not sure I succeeded.

“I’ve come up here on three different occasions and asked questions about procedure for enrolling. On each occasion, I’ve been told something wrong or not told something I should have been told.  Like…why wouldn’t you have asked him what his ACT score was before telling him he needed to be here to take a test he doesn’t need to take?”

The clerk was a bit defensive.  “Most people don’t score as high as he did…so we don’t ask,” she said.

“Well…that’s dumb,” I said, wondering again why they don’t just have some form with a checklist of things you need to do to enroll with the school.

The doctor called to tell me that the CAT scan and blood work showed nothing…at first.

“I asked the radiologist about the bump above your naval and he said ‘yeah…that looks like a hernia’,” he told me.  He also said he wanted to do an endoscopy, which meant I’d be having a camera on the end of a long, hose-like thing shoved down into my stomach to look around for whatever was causing me all this stomach pain.  I ended up not doing any exercise for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment