Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Painting...


Friday, July 26, 2013

Heidi took the bus from Akron to Cleveland where I picked her up after I finished working.  She was accompanying me to Columbus to help with the painting and the move and then we would leave Saturday to go to Youngstown where she was photographing a wedding and I would be acting as her backup, taking candid shots and getting pictures she wouldn’t be able to get because she’d be stuck with the bridal party.  That…and she needed a ride.

We arrived in Columbus in the early evening and I began prepping immediately.  Savannah wanted me to paint her living room and bedroom, two different colors of course, and they’d likely need two coats each.  I had to hurry since Heidi and I would need to be on the road by 9 a.m. the following morning.  That also meant another day without exercise and poor eating.

I painted until midnight, getting two coats on each room, and then assembling her bed and putting in her bedroom before heading for the hotel and a little sleep.  I was tired and felt like I’d had a workout, but knew that nothing I had done had prepared me in any way for Tour Ohio.  Unless of course I could use my painting skills to pay for the right to camp and get a meal from someone somewhere on the Tour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment