Wednesday, August 7, 2013

H-pylori is a nasty bacteria...

Wednesday, July 31, 2013
The doctor’s office called to tell me I had a bacteria in my stomach that had likely caused the ulcer called helicobacter pylori.  It’s a nasty, little bastard that attacks the protective mucous lining of the stomach thus making it susceptible to damage from the gastric acids essential to food digestion.  By ignoring my pain over the past year, I’d probably allowed the ulcer to develop.  Apparently, about half the population of the U.S. over the age of 60 are infected though most don’t know it and it never becomes a problem.  Lucky me.

I was told to take the ulcer medication for eight days and then to begin the antibiotics that would hopefully kill the bacteria.  I’m not sure why I’m waiting…I’d like to kick the shit out of that bacteria right away…but I’ll conceded that the doctor may know a little more about this than me.

I took a long ride to Dan’s to drop off the title to the Jeep.  He was going to pull the tires and the tail light I needed and then scrap it.  It was kind of sad to see the vehicle I’d driven for many years smashed to pieces.  I again thanked God that no one had been injured in the crash.  We’d get another car.  Life would go on.

Bike duration:  Two hours and 45 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  2300.

No comments:

Post a Comment