Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bob Evans and photography...

Saturday, July 27, 2013

I started the morning with breakfast at Bob Evans.  Savannah and her boyfriend and Kyle joined Holly and me.  Bob Evans is my favorite chain restaurant and breakfast is my favorite meal to get at my favorite chain restaurant.  Most people know this about me.

“Okay…here’s the thing.  I’m putting together the cycling course for Tour Ohio and I want it to include as many important landmarks as possible for people who might ride it after me.  I could do a 20-mile detour from the main course to ride through Rio Grande, which is the place where the original Bob Evan’s farm is located and the first restaurant was built.  I’m thinking it’s a no-brainer to take the course past the farm,” I said in an effort to get some confirmation.

No one seemed to disagree, though I don’t think that would have mattered.  I may feel differently when I’m riding that way and need to put in an extra hour on the bike to pass that way, but I don’t think so.


Heidi and I drove the three hours to Youngstown and arrived 30 minutes early.  She quickly found the bride and started taking pictures while I scoured the church, met up with the groom and shot some pictures of my own.  I spent the remainder of the day trailing behind her and taking some of my own shots of interest.  My stomach ached most of the time and I declined the dinner at the reception.  We finished shooting around 8 p.m. and I drove her to another wedding she was attending as a guest before making the two-hour drive home.  I didn’t arrive until ten and again…no exercise.  I suppose I should just consider this a well needed healing break…a chance to get my stomach feeling better (though it didn’t) and for all the overuse injuries to heal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment