Monday, August 12, 2013

Running smoothly...

Monday, August 5, 2013
Planning is taking up considerable time right now…and I need to be training more.  With the bike in the shop, I turned to running because I can get so much from it in a relatively short time.  It was a muggy night, but cooler in the deep shade of the running trails in the North Chagrin Reservation.  I wondered if I’d feel any residual butt, sciatic pain as I ran, but was pleased to discover it felt great.  I was thinking  I’d do another 40-minute run, but felt so good at 30 that I decided to add a trail and go longer.  As I approached the 50-minute mark, I felt some tightness in my left calf and was very happy I was finishing the run.  In pushing to maximize training over these next two weeks, I need to remind myself that it would be a horrible time for an overuse injury.  The hay should be in the barn at this point.  Anything I’m doing now is for my own peace of mind.

Run duration:  50 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  140 bpm.

Calories burned:  850.

No comments:

Post a Comment